You are here
Thailand Medical Travel & Tourism(TMTT) has developed effective working relationships with a network of highly skilled and reputable physicians, clinics and hospitals in Thailand. We assist in selecting the most appropriate healthcare providers prior to the trip to Thailand. Our services include the following:
Pre-Arrival Consultation Assistance:
TMTT has worked with a wide range of healthcare providers which include JCI, NON-JCI hospitals and clinics for specialty treatments. We have personally visited all the medical facilities offered and have created a strong relationship with the doctors, nurses and facility management personnel. We assist in coordinating the communication between the healthcare recipient and healthcare providers in Thailand. These include (among others):
- Preliminary evaluation by prospective healthcare providers
- Correspondence regarding any required medical tests for final evaluation, e.g. blood tests, X-Ray and MRI scan
- Medical records transfer
- Inquiring with various healthcare providers with different range of pricing, expertise and facility accreditations
- Communicating finalized treatment plans from each provider
- Working within the budget range.
Once in Thailand, we have our ground staff who assists pre- and post-treatment. These services include (among others):
- English speaking personal assistant (details below)
- Transportation services for the surgery date, discharge, multiple checkup appointments, etc.
- In-hospital translation services
- Visa extension service
- Mobile phone communication
- Communication with family members back home about the treatment and recovery progress.
Our services include:
- Meet & greet at the airport
- Personal licensed English speaking tour guide
- Transfers between airport(s) and hotel(s)
- Hotel reservations
- Flexible sightseeing schedule
- Travel insurance
- Visa-passport application services
- Flight arrangement
- Extended stay (see below).
We are aware that some healthcare recipients may also want to enjoy visiting other parts of Thailand or neighboring countries during or after their recovery. We can assist in arranging an extended trip to any destination desired with just basic hotel reservation, flight arrangements or a complete travel package. These destinations include:
- Around Thailand: Phuket, Chiangmai, Pattaya, Hua-Hin and Cha-am, Krabi, Phang-na, etc.
- Others: Singapore, Hong Kong, Bali, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, etc.
TMTT realizes that confidentiality is required of medical information obtained from U.S. doctors and duly transfers it to healthcare providers in Thailand and vice versa. We work with U.S. doctors and healthcare providers in Thailand in transferring necessary documents for both pre- and post-treatment. The process is done securely
Our English speaking personal assistant plays a significant role during the stay in Thailand. The assistant will:
- Accompany the initial consultation with the healthcare provider
- Visit daily during the stay in hospital and recovery in the hotel in Bangkok
- Monitor throughout the recovery period in Thailand
- Coordinate with the healthcare provider should there be any questions or concerns during the recovery in Thailand
- Regularly report to TMTT on progress in recovery so that it can communicate with family members in the U.S.
- Accompany for check ups
- When time and recovery conditions permit, accompany for shopping, movies, etc.
- Run errands when unable during the recovery period
- Be available by phone when immediate attention is needed, and give emotional support.
- The assistant makes sure that everything is comfortable
- Assist in any cultural or language barriers.
Benefit of having a personal assistant:
- Your peace of mind and that of the family
- Emotional support
- Family-like support system
- Assistance toward quicker recovery.
It is highly recommended to purchase travel insurance which covers the stay period in Thailand. In addition, for peace of mind, we include complication insurance for most procedures should there be any concerns about post-op recovery in the U.S.
We also work with various healthcare providers who accept U.S. healthcare coverage. This varies according to the treatment types and the insurance plan coverage. If interested about how we can implement this, we can do this work.
Follow Up Care:
After return back to home, we can arrange home care or follow up care during the recovery period in the U.S. However, the healthcare provider in Thailand will ensure that the treatment is successful before discharging one from the facility and approving that one is fit to travel.
Travel with Assistance:
TMTT works closely with the Travel With Assistance Foundation. They can provide an assistant traveling together from the U.S. to Thailand if one is a qualifying traveler. The request should be made a minimum of 30 days prior to making final payment for the trip. The travel assistant will be assigned based upon the specific requirements of the traveler and availability of the assistant. When possible, a pre-trip dialogue will be established between the assistant and the traveler. This will enable them to establish a relationship fostering trust and compatibility. The only cost of the service to the traveler is the travel expenses of the assistant
Follow Up Assistance:
Our job is not done even if one feels ready to return back to the U.S. We can assist in following up the return home recovery. We coordinate all questions and concerns to the healthcare provider in Thailand should there be any need for assistance of any kind.