You are here
Orthopedic Medicine in Thailand
Many people travel to Thailand specifically to obtain the highest standard of quality of orthopedic diagnosis, therapeutic, surgical and rehabilitation services. Participating orthopedic specialists bring training and experience from Thailand, the USA and Europe and offer patients a broad array of surgical and non-surgical procedures at extremely reasonable cost. As with other areas of medicine, orthopedic medical professionals in Thailand take a fully integrated and holistic approach to treatment. The well-being of the patient is paramount.
Leading edge orthopedic medicine found in Thailand
The human musculoskeletal system can be subject to numerous problems requiring diagnosis, treatment, and surgical intervention. Participating hospitals and clinics in Thailand have the specialists and the latest technology necessary to effectively treat a wide variety of orthopedic conditions. Orthopedic ailments commonly treated include arthritis, osteoporosis, fractures, dislocated joints, bone spurs, chronic back pain, herniated lumbar discs, and sports injuries.
Many orthopedic procedures are considered voluntary by medical insurance carriers. For this reason, the cost-effectiveness of medical travel to Thailand is particularly attractive.
Featured Orthopedic Medical Procedures and Related Services in Thailand;
The number of orthopedic procedures and services offered in Thailand is vast and growing daily. In this section, we will focus on those that have traditionally been in the highest demand, are performed at the highest quality standards and offer significant cost savings differentials.
- Emerging potential of stem cell therapies in orthopedics
- Integrated approach to healing neck and back pain
- Hip and Knee joint resurfacing or replacement – a process where an arthritic or dysfunctional joint surface is replaced or remodeled and then realigned. A common example of such a procedure is a hip-joint replacement with a prosthetic device to relieve pain and restore motion. Participating hospitals and clinics have a wide variety of prosthetic devices at their disposal and the expertise necessary to ensure successful joint replacement.
- Spine Surgery/ Back Surgery
- Arthroscopy & sports medicine
Of course, participating hospitals and clinics also offer excellent care in orthopedic oncology, treatment of peripheral nerve disorders, metabolic bone diseases, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics, bone lengthening techniques, elbow joint resurfacing and replacement and microsurgical procedures on hands and feet.
TMTT does not include pricing in this discussion because they are subject to change at any time. For our qualified clients, we will obtain current price quotes for desired procedures and services.